(4 April 2020) Due to the ongoing outbreak of COVID-19 all around the world, including Thailand, most of Thai airlines suspended flights for the safety of passengers as the coronavirus pandemic worsens.
Flight suspensions of Thai airlines as of 30 March 2020:
Nok Air suspended all international flights.
Destination and period of route suspension:
- Nanning (NNG): from 31 January 2020 to 30 April 2020
- Chengdu (CTU): from 31 January 2020 to 30 April 2020
- Hiroshima (HIJ): from 8 March 2020 to 30 April 2020
- Ho Chi Min City (SGN): from 21 March 2020 to 31 May 2020
- Yangon (RGN): from 23 March 2020 to 30 April 2020
- Ranong (UNN) - from 1 to 30 April 2020
- Chumphon (CJM) - from 1 to 30 April 2020
- Phrae (PRH) - from 1 to 30 April 2020
- Mae-Sot (MAQ) - from 1 to 30 April 2020
- Lampang (LPT) - from 1 to 30 April 2020
- Chiang Rai (CEI) - from 1 to 9 April 2020
- Buriram (BFV) - from 1 to 30 April 2020
- Loei (LOE) - from 1 to 30 April 2020
- Khon Kaen (KKC) - from 1 to 9 April 2020
- Chiang Mai (CNX) – Udon Thani (UTH) - from 1 to 30 April 2020
- Chiang Mai (CNX) – Ubon Ratchathani (UBP) - from 1 to 30 April 2020
- Phuket (HKT) - from 10 to 30 April 2020
More information: Announcement for COVID-19 outbreak incident & Songkran Holidays postponement.
Thai Lion Air
Thai Lion Air temporarily suspended flights on both domestic and international from 25 March 2020 to 30 April 2020.
More information: Thai Lion Air announcement about temporarily suspension of flights.
Thai AirAsia suspended all domestic flights from 1 April 2020 to 30 April 2020, in addition to temporary suspension of international flights from 22 March 2020 to 25 April 2020.
More information: newsroom.airasia.com
Bangkok Airways temporarily suspended all international flights from 22 March 2020 until further notice.
Bangkok Airways temporarily suspends all domestic flights between 7-30 April 2020.
THAI Smile temporary suspended all international flights from 23 March 2020 until further notice.
More information: THAI Smile temporarily suspends all international flights.
[UPDATE] Thai Smile has announced that they will suspend all domestic flights from 7-30 April.
Thai Airways announced temporary suspension of the following flights:
1. Starting on 25 March 2020: Hong Kong, Taipei, Tokyo (Narita and Haneda), Osaka, Nagoya, Seoul, Phnom Penh, Vientiane, Ho Chi Minh, Hanoi, Yangon, Singapore, Jakarta, Denpasar, Kunming, Xiamen, Chengdu, Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Karachi, Kathmandu, Lahore, Dhaka, Islamabad, and Colombo. Domestic flights to Chiang Mai, Phuket, and Krabi will be transferred and operated by THAI Smile.
2. Starting on 27 March 2020: Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, and Perth.
3. Starting on 1 April 2020: THAI will cancel most of its flights to Europe, which include London, Frankfurt, Paris, Brussels, Copenhagen, Oslo, Moscow and Stockholm.
Thai Airways previously suspended flights to Sendai, Sapporo, Fukuoka, Busan, Manila, Kuala Lumpur, Rome, Milan, Vienna, New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Muscat, Dubai, and Auckland.
More information: THAI Prepares to Temporarily Cancel Flights.
Thai Viet Jet Air
Thai Viet Jet Air temporarily suspended all international flights from now to August 2020.
Thai Airasia X
Thai Airasia X temporarily suspended all international flights from now to 16 June 2020.
Nok Scoot Air temporarily suspended all international flights from now to 30 April 2020.
For constant updates of Thailand’s COVID-19 control measures for travelers, visit the website of Department of Disease Control.