Thai Homemade Lard - Nam-Man Moo.
Learn Cooking Thai Food with us!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
1/2 kg Pork fat
1. Chop the fat into small pieces, taking any meat chunks off.
2. Add the chopped fat to a pot with the cover off and turn the heat to medium low.
3. Stir the fat occasionally to prevent sticking. As it renders, you will see the lard slowly starting to rise.
4. The lard is ready when the fat is completely melted and separated from the cracklings - brown bits - which will come to the top.
5. Set aside to cool down and then transfer the lard into a jar. When the lard starts to cool down, it will start to solidify a bit and will get whiter.
The cracklings that are left can be used as snacks or put on salads. We recommend serving it with warm sticky rice.