Mung Beans in Syrup is a delicious Thai dessert. It's a dessert that local Thais know since childhood. Mung beans contain high protein, fiber and antioxidants. Try to cook it with the recipe below which is made by only 2 main ingredients: mung bean and sugar.
Learn Cooking Thai Food with us!
2 cups mung beans
4 cups water
a pinch of salt
3/4 cup sugar
1. Place the mung beans in water for at least 3-4 hours to overnight. Drain and rinse before using.
2. Bring the water to boil and pour mung beans into a large pot over medium heat, cook for 20 mins and change the water.
3. Bring water to boil again and then simmer until mung beans are soft.
4. Add sugar and stir until it is completely dissolved.
5. Add salt and then simmer for another 5-7 mins.
6. Remove from the heat and serve warm.