Suki Hot Pot is a favorite dish in Thailand to eat together with your family or close friends. It is a real warm family dish for both adults and children. If you want to eat hot pot, you can just buy vegetables and meat from the market, and then dip in Sukiyaki sauce. Check how to make Suki Dipping Sauce (Nam Jim Suki).
Although there is a ready-made Suki sauce for sale in all supermarkets, the price is not that low. You can easily save by making Suki dipping sauce by yourself for your whole family at an affordable price.
The distinguished flavor of Suki comes with a sweet, sour, a little bit spicy taste and the aroma from the sesame seeds and soy sauce. Thais add few full spoons of Suki sauce to make the soup tastier and spicier. Some people may like the sweet taste, others may like the spicy taste. If you love a spicier flavor, you can add more fresh chilies and fresh garlic into Suki sauce.
Suki Dipping Sauce Ingredients
3 tablespoons of chili sauce
3 tablespoons of tomato sauce or ketchup
2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
1 tablespoon of sesame oil
1/3 teaspoon of white soy sauce or salt
2 teaspoons of white sesame seeds
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of vinegar
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1-2 corianders, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
3 chilies, chopped
How to make Suki Dipping Sauce
To make Suki sauce is not as difficult you we used to think. Let's try to do it!
1. Mix the chili sauce, ketchup, oyster sauce and sesame oil together and set aside.
2. Then add salt, sugar, vinegar, lime juice and taste as you like.
3. Put into the saucepan and boil it to let the sugar melt.
4. Then add the roasted white sesame, chopped garlic, and chili. You can add more spices as you like.
5. When the sauce is finished, sprinkle it with shredded coriander. Scoop into a cup and eat with Suki Hot Pot.