Rad Na Noodles is a popular street food dish in Thailand. Rad Na is flat rice noodles and vegetables topped with thick Thai gravy sauce. The meat can be pork, chicken or seafood. You can put some additional sugar, fish sauce, sliced chilies in white vinegar and ground dried chilies on the side when eating. Rad Na is our favorite all time noodle dish and the recipe is down below.
Rad Na Recipe
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Click here to see how we make noodle for this Rad Na : Homemade Fresh Thai Wide Noodles (Sen Yai).
1 cup of fresh wide rice noodles or any noodles you like, rice vermicelli is great too. We have try it with spaghetti and it turned out to be great.
2 tablespoons dark sweet soy sauce
Meat of your choice: chicken, pork, beef, shrimps or mixed seafood (we used thinly sliced chicken)
1 tablespoon tapioca starch (or corn starch) – dissolve in 2 tablespoons of water
1/2 tablespoon Fish Sauce
2/3 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon soy bean paste
1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
2 cups water
1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
Cooking oil for frying
Chinese Kale, cut 1 inch long
Broccoli, cut in small pieces
Carrot, cut in small pieces
You may add any kind of vegetables you like such as baby corns or mushrooms, etc.
1. Heat the pan, fry the noodles and add the black soy sauce to the pan. Toss the noodles quickly to get some browning on the noodles. Don’t stir but gently flip noodles over and place in bowls. Set aside.
2. Back to the same pan, fry chopped garlic to turn it golden brown with some cooking oil, and add meat.
3. Then add sugar, fish sauce, oyster sauce and soy bean paste. You can mix these before cooking and add in at once.
4. Add water to boil and then add vegetables.
5. While waiting for the sauce to boil, dissolve corn starch in water and stir until it’s smooth.
6. Pour corn starch slowly into the sauce while stirring constantly. If you want the sauce to be thicker, add more starch mixture.
7. Remove from the heat, then pour the sauce over the noodles (and fried egg), and serve your Rad Na Noodles.
In Thailand, Rad Na Noodles are served with common condiments: sugar, fish sauce, dry chili pepper, and vinegar for seasoning the dish the way you like.