Thailand visa for Saudi Arabia citizens is easy to obtain, as if you're hold a passport of Saudi Arabia and planning to stay in Thailand for less than 15 days, you can get a Thailand Visa on Arrival at the time of your arrival to Thailand. This type of Thailand Visa is issued at the airport in Thailand.
BREAKING NEWS! Thailand on Wednesday (11 March 2020) canceled granting of Visa on Arrival for 18 countries and visa exemption for three other countries to contain the spread of the coronavirus. More information: Thailand Visa Policy Changes Due to Coronavirus.
Thailand Visa Fee for Saudi
Thailand Visa on Arrival fee for Saudi Arabia citizens is 2000 THB. Visa on Arrival fee needs to be paid in local currency (Thai baht) and only cash is accepted. There are plenty of currency exchange booths for you to exchange your Saudi Riyal or another popular currency for the payment of Thailand Visa on Arrival fee.
HOT NEWS! Thailand Visa on Arrival fee waiver is EXTENDED for 6 more months! It means that Thailand Visa on Arrival will be issued for free until April 2020. For more information check: Thailand Visa on Arrival for Free until April 2020.
Travel SMART! Get Thailand SIM Card with unlimited Internet much cheaper here: [SALE] 4G SIM Card for Thailand (Airport Pick Up)
Thailand Visa on Arrival Requirements
When applying for Thailand Visa on Arrival citizens of Saudi Arabia need to provide these required documents:
- Passport issued by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Your passport must be valid for at least 30 days.
- A ticket for your travel from Thailand to Saudi Arabia or any other foreign country is required. The ticket must be within 15 days from your arrival. Flights from Saudi Arabia to Thailand can be booked here: Cheap Flights from Saudi Arabia to Thailand.
- One passport size (4 x 6 cm) photo. Photos can be made at the airport for a small fee.
- Visa on Arrival application form that needs to be filled in English.
- Thailand Arrival Card that needs to be filled in English. Thailand Arrival Card will be handed to you during the flight.
- Visa on Arrival fee for Saudi Arabia is 2000 THB (visa fee waiver until 30 April 2020).
- Address of hotel in Thailand and booking confirmation. If you haven’t booked your accommodation yet, book your hotel on Booking.com or Agoda.
- A proof that you have funds of at least 10,000 THB per person and 20,000 THB per family for your stay in Thailand. Funds can be shown in any currency, showing this amount in Saudi Riyal is fine too.
Where can you get Thailand Visa on Arrival?
Citizens of Saudi Arabia can get Visa on Arrival at all Thailand international airports:
- Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok - check How to Get Thailand Visa on Arrival at Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Don Mueang Airport, Bangkok - check Thai Visa on Arrival at Bangkok Don Mueang Airport (DMK)
- Chiangmai International Airport, Chiang Mai - check Chiang Mai Visa on Arrival – Visa at Chiang Mai Airport (CNX)
- Phuket International Airport, Phuket - check Thai Visa on Arrival at Phuket International Airport (HKT)
- Krabi International Airport, Krabi - for detailed information check Thailand Visa on Arrival at Krabi International Airport
- U Tapao Airport, Rayong (Pattaya)
- Samui Airport, Surat Thani (Koh Samui)
- Sukhothai International Airport, Tak Immigration Checkpoint (Sukhothai)
- Chiangrai Airport, Chiang Rai
- Surat Thani Airport, Surat Thani (Koh Samui, Koh Phangan)
- Hua Hin Airport, Hua Hin
- Trang Airport, Trang (Koh Chang)
- Hatyai International Airport, Songkhla
Full list of Immigration checkpoints issuing Visa on Arrival for citizens of Saudi Arabia can be found here: Points where you can get Thailand Visa on Arrival.
New E-Visa Thailand
There is also a new e-Visa Thailand online application system for Thailand Visa on Arrival being implemented at the moment. This way of application is also available for Saudi. More info about the new online application system can be found here: E-Visa Thailand (E-VoA).
HOT NEWS! This e-Visa Thailand system seems to have failed to live up expectations and the new Thailand eVisa on Arrival system was launched but it hardly improved the situation. More info: New Thailand eVisa on Arrival (eVOA) by VFS Global.
Other types of Thailand Visa for Saudi
If you're a citizen of Saudi Arabia and you have a plan to visit Thailand for more than 15 days, you should get another type of Thailand Visa.
In such a case you can choose to get Thailand Single Entry Visa from Royal Thai Embassy in Riyadh or from Royal Thai Consulate in Jeddah. Thailand visa for Saudi can also be issued by Thai Embassies and Thai Consulates in other countries, such as Malaysia, Singapore etc.
Check our Frequently Asked Questions about Thailand Visa on Arrival and ask your own question if it's not answered there yet.