Myanmar eVisa is an online visa application service that makes application for Myanmar Visa very easy. Filling in Myanmar eVisa form is the most important part of Myanmar Visa online application process and you need to fill it correctly to avoid rejection of your visa application. Check how to fill Myanmar Visa form online (Myanmar eVisa form) correctly.
Before you start filling Myanmar eVisa application form, prepare 4 things:
- Your passport.
- Digital document photo (color photo not older than 3 months with aspect ratio 4.6 cm X 3.8 cm).
- Address in Myanmar (registered hotel, motel, inn, guest house or resort).
- Credit or Debit card (for eVisa fee payment).
Step 1 – Go to Myanmar eVisa Website
Applying for Myanmar visa online should be done at the official website of Myanmar eVisa only. You can find it here: Official Myanmar eVisa Website.
P.S. You will have to turn off your pop-up blocker for the website before proceeding to the application as Myanmar eVisa Online System requires to use pop-ups during the payment process.
Step 2 – Start New Application
Choose “Apply eVisa” from the top menu of website to start your Myanmar eVisa application.
On the first page of Myanmar eVisa application form you need to choose:
- Visa Type
- Port of Entry
Currently there are 3 Myanmar Visa types to choose from when applying for Myanmar visa online – tourist visa, business visa and tourist visa (express). If you are travelling to Myanmar as a tourist, you should choose either tourist visa or tourist visa (express) on your Myanmar eVisa form.
When using express service, for extra 6 USD you are guaranteed to get your Myanmar eVisa in 24 hours. Getting ordinary tourist visa can take up to 3 working days but in reality it can be much faster as it took us only 5 hours to get our Myanmar eVisa approval letter.
Citizens of 100 countries can use Myanmar eVisa service at the moment. Full list of them can be found here: countries eligible for Myanmar eVisa.
If you can’t find your nationality in the list on Myanmar eVisa form, you need to get your Myanmar visa in advance from Myanmar embassy or consulate anywhere in the world.
Myanmar business visa is available for less countries so the list will be much shorter if your will choose to apply for Myanmar business visa.
Port of Entry
You will also need to name your planned port of entry to Myanmar on the visa application form. During your actual visit, you may enter Myanmar at any designated international “Port of Entry”, however it is strongly recommended to use the one specified in your application to avoid longer processing time at arrival.
When using Myanmar eVisa, you can enter Myanmar at any of the ports of entry listed below:
- International Airports: Yangon (RNG), Mandalay (MDL), Nay Pyi Taw (NYT).
- Thailand/Myanmar Land Border Checkpoints: Tachileik, Myawaddy, Kawthaung.
- India/Myanmar Land Border Checkpoints: Tamu, Rih Khaw Dar.
Fill in security verification, click “Continue” and you will be moved to another page.
Step 3 – Accept Terms and Conditions
Get familiar with Myanmar eVisa Terms and Conditions that are as follows:
- There will be no refund for any Visa Service fees under any circumstances.
- Apart from the profession stated in your visa application, you are not allowed to engage in any other type of paid or unpaid work during your visit.
- Applicant shall abide by the laws of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar and shall not interfere in the internal affairs of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar.
- Legal action will be taken against those who violate or contravene any provision of the existing laws, rules and regulations of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar.
- Applicant shall not be allowed to travel to restricted areas without seeking prior permission.
- It is important to note that the Approval letter is not a confirmed Visa letter.
- The Approval letter is valid up to 90 days from the date of issue.
- In the unfortunate case that your application is rejected, no reason will be provided or can be requested.
- For regular Tourist and Business Visa, processing time is within 3 working days (Myanmar time), excluding weekends and official Myanmar Public Holidays.
- For Tourist Express Service, processing time is within 24 hours, available 365 days a year.
- In all cases, processing time starts when the application acknowledgement e-mail is sent, after application is submitted AND online payment is successful.
You need to agree on these terms and conditions to proceed to Myanmar eVisa application form. Otherwise, you will need to head to Myanmar embassy or consulate for getting your Myanmar visa.
Step 4 – Fill in Personal Information
At this part of Myanmar eVisa form you need to provide your personal information:
- Full name – must be exactly as it appears on the passport as otherwise you can be denied entry
- Nationality – filled automatically as was chosen at the step before
- Gender – choose: Male or Female
- Date of Birth – your date of birth as on your passport in DD/MM/YYYY format (choose from the list)
- Country of Birth – can be different from your nationality (your eligibility to get Myanmar Visa depends only on your nationality so the list of countries here is much longer)
- Occupation – your current occupation (“Journalist” is not recommended as there is a different type of Myanmar visa for journalists)
- Email Address - your visa approval letter will be sent to this email address so type it and retype it accurately as won’t get your eVisa if incorrect email provided
- Port of Entry – filled in automatically from the step before
- Purpose of Entry – filled in automatically from the step before (depends on the type of visa you have chosen)
- Permanent Address – your address in your home country
- Accommodation Type – you can choose from hotel, motel, inn, guest house or resort (type of your accommodation in Myanmar)
- Name and Address of Selected Accommodation in Myanmar – provide full address of your accommodation in Myanmar (strictly no residential or home addresses as only registered hotel, motel, inn, registered guest house, or resort will be accepted)
- Contact Phone – your personal phone number
Step 5 – Fill in Passport Information
When filling Myanmar eVisa form, pay an exceptional attention to the details of your passport as they will appear on your Myanmar eVisa approval letter:
- Passport No – make sure it’s exactly as on your passport
- Visa Type – will show up automatically and will be exactly as you have chosen before
- Country of Issue – choose the country of your passport from the list
- Date of Issue – choose the date when your passport was issued
- Date of Expiry – choose the date of expiry of your passport (your passport needs to be valid for at least 6 months from the day of your arrival in Myanmar)
Step 6 – Fill in Additional Information (if required)
If you are traveling to Myanmar with package tour, you need to provide Agency Name and Agency Contact No (Phone number).
Skip this part if you are traveling independently.
Traveling children under 7 years old who share your passport can be added to the same Myanmar eVisa application form. You need to provide the name, date of birth and gender of your minors.
However, if your child has a separate passport, then a separate eVisa application form for your child is required.
Step 7 – Upload Photo
On the right side of Myanmar eVisa application form there’s a button “Browse” for choosing your photo from the computer. If your uploaded photo doesn’t look normal, you should resize it to correct aspect ratio. There’s a link to an easy photo resizer just below the photo so you can use it to make your photo look like it should be.
Once all the information on Myanmar visa online form will be filled in and photo uploaded, click the button “Continue” and you will be moved to the verification page.
Step 8 – Verify Information
Your Myanmar eVisa application form will be formed and show up in a pop-up window asking to verify your information. Double check it as any incorrect information might lead to the rejection of your Myanmar eVisa application. If the details of your eVisa approval letter will not correspond to the details of your passport, you might be denied an entry to Myanmar at the border.
You won’t be able to edit the information after confirming it so if anything will be wrong, you will have to apply once again.
Once you verify the information, you will be automatically moved to the page of payment. Detailed information about the payment and other steps needed for getting your Myanmar eVisa can be found here: Myanmar Visa Online Application - Getting Myanmar eVisa.