Flying to Krabi International Airport (KBV) is a very convenient option if you are planning to spend your holidays in Krabi province and visit Ao Nang, Railay beaches or islands like Koh Phi Phi, Koh Lanta or Koh Lipe. The only airport of Krabi province is located 15 km from Krabi Town center. The number of international flights received by Krabi International Airport is rising significantly giving you better chances to reach Krabi and its islands without connection in Bangkok.
The information you find online about getting Visa on Arrival at Krabi International Airport might be confusing as it's not included in the official list of Thailand’s Immigration Checkpoints providing facilities for issuance of Visa on Arrival. However, you can get your Visa on Arrival at Krabi International Airport!
Other international airports, harbours and land border crossings issuing Thailand Visa on Arrival are listed here – Immigration Checkpoints issuing Visa on Arrival.
If the passport you hold lets you enter Thailand on Free visa-exempt stay or you’ve got a Single Entry Tourist Visa / Multiple Entry Tourist Visa in advance from Thai embassy or consulate, you just need to proceed to the immigration and you will be allowed to enter the country. Thailand Immigration control procedure at the airport is briefly described here: Thailand Immigration Control Procedure for Foreigners.
If you’re from one of the countries eligible to obtain Thailand Visa on Arrival and decided to get your Visa on Arrival here, you can make it that easily just prepare all your documents in advance.
Documents required for getting Thailand Visa on Arrival
When applying for Thailand Visa on Arrival you will need:
- Passport valid for at least 30 days and issued by one of the countries eligible to obtain Thailand Visa on Arrival
- Return or onward journey air ticket for flying out of Thailand within the next 15 days
- One passport size (4 x 6 cm) photo (not older than 6 months)
- Duly filled-in Visa on Arrival application form (you can fill the form in advance or get it done at the Visa on Arrival desk)
- Duly filled-in Thailand Arrival Card (you will get it during your flight, so save your time and fill it while flying)
- Visa on Arrival fee (current fee is 2,000 THB and must be paid in cash and Thai currency only)
- Hotel or apartment address in Thailand that can be verified - proof of hotel booking might be requested (get your hotel booking on Booking.com or Agoda)
- A proof of appropriate means of living (10,000 THB per person and 20,000 THB per family) might be requested but it rarely happens.
Getting Visa on Arrival at Krabi International Airport
Once you arrive at Krabi International Airport, follow the signs leading to Immigration.
On the way to Immigration you will notice a desk with a sign Visa on Arrival.
If you have all the required documents, procedure of acquiring visa will not take long and you will get your Thailand Visa on Arrival stamped in into your passport.
Then just proceed to the immigration, present your travel documents to the officer, get your passport stamped and you will be allowed to enter the country.
Where to Stay in Krabi
The most popular place to stay in Krabi is Ao Nang as here you can find many restaurants and places to stay so you will definitely find something for yourself here. If you are looking for a place to stay in Krabi, check the list of 15 Best Hotels in Ao Nang.
Book a discounted Thailand 4G SIM Card and pick it up at the airport: [SALE] 4G SIM Card for Thailand (KBV Airport Pick Up).
Welcome to Krabi!
Check our Frequently Asked Questions about Thailand Visa on Arrival and ask your own question if it's not answered there yet.