Multiple Entry Visa Thailand is a type of Thai multi-entry tourist visa that is valid for entering Thailand unlimited times within 6 months from the date of issuance. The allowed period of stay with this Thailand visa is 60 days maximum per stay. However, you may enter Thailand again as long as the visa is still valid.
Thailand Multiple Entry Tourist Visa
Thailand Multiple Entry Tourist Visa can only be applied for at Thai embassy or consulate within the country of your legal residence.
Travel SMART! Get Thailand SIM Card with unlimited Internet much cheaper here: [SALE] SIM Card for Thailand (Airport Pick Up)
Documents for Multiple Entry Visa Thailand
When applying for Thailand Multiple Entry Tourist Visa you will need the following documents (list can slightly vary depending on embassy / consulate):
- Passport valid for at least one year from travel date of the first trip.
- Copy of the passport biodata page.
- Duly filled-in and signed Thai Visa Application Form that is filled online when applying via Thailand E-Visa website.
- One or two passport size (3.5 x 4.5 cm) photos taken within 6 months. Some Thai embassies require newer photos. It is important to note that if the photo does not reflect your current appearance you may be refused to enter Thailand.
- Visa fee (usually paid in cash) or a proof of fee payment confirmed by the bank (accepted payment options depend on embassy / consulate). Thai embassies using Thailand E-Visa system accept payments online via the system. The cost of this visa is currently 200 USD / 175 EUR / 5,000 THB or around that amount in local currency of the country, where specific Thai embassy or consulate is located.
- Return / onward journey air ticket for flying out of Thailand for the first visit. Some embassies / consulates now even require to present tickets at least for two trips to/from Thailand. Flights to Thailand can be booked here: Cheap Flights to Thailand
- Accommodation booking at least for the first visit. In most cases hotel booking for full first trip duration is required. It's best to book your hotel on Booking.com or Agoda as bookings on these online platforms are usually accepted with no problem.
- Proof of bank balance exceeding 200,000 THB (around 6,000 EUR) or roughly equivalent amount in local currency per person. You normally need to present a bank statement for 6 months and the balance each month needs to be at least the amount stated.
- Proof of employment or other occupation.
At the time of your arrival to Thailand, you will have to submit Thailand Arrival Card as well (currently only needed when arriving by land or by sea).
You might be requested to provide extra documents in addition to the ones mentioned above, e.g. proof of your residence, travel itinerary etc. Therefore, you should always check for the detailed list of required documents with the specific Thai embassy or consulate before making your Thai visa application there.
Thai Embassies / Consulates for Multiple Entry Tourist Visa
You can apply for Multiple Entry Tourist Visa only at Thai embassy or consulate within your resident country!
The residents of the United States can apply for Thailand Multiple Entry Tourist Visa at Thai embassy or one of Thai consulates, depending on their jurisdiction:
- Royal Thai Embassy in Washington, D.C - responsible for Alabama, District of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, Puerto Rico
- Royal Thai Consulate General in Chicago - responsible for Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Oklahoma and Wisconsin.
- Royal Thai Consulate General in Los Angeles - responsible for Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming as well as all of the unincorporated territories of the United States in the Pacific such as Guam.
- Royal Thai Consulate General in New York - responsible for Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont.
UK residents can apply for Multiple Entry Visa Thailand at Royal Thai Embassy in London.
Australian residents can apply for Thailand Multiple Entry Visa at Royal Thai Embassy in Canberra or Royal Thai Consulate General in Sydney.
Residents of the countries with no presence of Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate-General, can apply for Multiple Entry Visa Thailand in the country with the assigned Thai Embassy, e.g. Latvian residents can apply at Royal Thai Embassy in Stockholm (Sweden), Ukrainian residents can apply at Royal Thai Embassy in Warsaw (Poland), etc.
The process of Thai visa application might also be different as some of Thai embassies use Thailand E-Visa official website, others have their own online systems, some accept applications via Visa processing agents, while the rest still accept applications in person. As it was mentioned before, you should always check for the detailed list of required documents with the specific Thai embassy or consulate before making your Thai visa application there.
Thailand E-Visa Application
Thailand E-Visa Application service giving an opportunity to apply for Thai visa online is available. E-Visa service makes application for Thailand visa at Thai embassies and consulates much easier. However, Thailand E-Visa application system is still used just by some Thai embassies worldwide.
Thailand E-Visa application service is currently available for visa application in China, United Kingdom, United States and a number of countries in Europe. Check with your local Thai embassy if they require you to apply for Multiple Entry Visa Thailand via Thailand E-Visa official website.
Thailand Immigration control procedure at the airport in Thailand is briefly described here: Thailand Immigration Control Procedure for Foreigners.
Your stay in Thailand can be extended once per entry. In most cases it can be extended by 30 days. For more information check: Thai Visa Extension.
The application of a Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa seems to be not worth the effort? You can opt for one of the easier ways to visit Thailand - Free visa-exempt stay, Visa on Arrival or Single-Entry Tourist Visa.
Take the worry out of your arrival at Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport after a long flight, and enjoy a VIP service through the airport formalities. Take advantage of a premium service that fast tracks you through immigration by booking it online here: Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport Fast Track Immigration Service.
Check our Frequently Asked Questions about getting Thailand Visa at Thai Embassies and Consulates and ask your own question if it's not answered there yet.