Thailand visa for Fiji citizens can be acquired easily, as if you're a citizen of Fiji and your visit in Thailand will be no longer than 15 days, you can get a Thailand Visa on Arrival at the time of your arrival to Thailand. This type of Thailand Visa is available for Fijians at the airport in Thailand.
BREAKING NEWS! Thailand on Wednesday (11 March 2020) canceled granting of Visa on Arrival for 18 countries and visa exemption for three other countries to contain the spread of the coronavirus. More information: Thailand Visa Policy Changes Due to Coronavirus.
Thailand Visa Fee for Fijians
Thailand Visa on Arrival fee for Fiji citizens is 2000 THB. Visa on Arrival fee must be paid in cash and only local currency (Thai baht) is accepted for the payment. There are plenty of currency exchange booths at the airport for you to exchange your currency to Thai baht there.
HOT NEWS! Thailand Visa on Arrival fee waiver is EXTENDED for 6 more months! It means that Thailand Visa on Arrival will be issued for free until April 2020. For more information check: Thailand Visa on Arrival for Free until April 2020.
Thailand Visa on Arrival Requirements
When applying for Thailand Visa on Arrival, Fiji citizens must provide these documents:
- Passport issued by the Republic of Fiji that must be valid for at least 30 days from the arrival date.
- A ticket for your journey from Thailand within 15 days from the arrival date. Flights from Fiji to Thailand can be booked here: Cheap Flights from Fiji to Thailand.
- One passport size (4 x 6 cm) photo.
- Visa on Arrival application form.
- Thailand Arrival Card.
- Thailand Visa on Arrival fee is 2000 THB (visa fee waiver until 30 April 2020).
- Booking confirmation of hotel in Thailand. If you haven’t booked your accommodation yet, book your hotel on Booking.com or Agoda.
- A proof that you have funds of at least 10,000 THB per person and 20,000 THB per family for your stay in Thailand. Cash can be presented in any currency.
Where can you get Thailand Visa on Arrival?
Fijians can get Visa on Arrival at all Thailand international airports:
- Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok - check How to Get Thailand Visa on Arrival at Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Don Mueang Airport, Bangkok - check Thai Visa on Arrival at Bangkok Don Mueang Airport (DMK)
- Chiangmai International Airport, Chiang Mai - check Chiang Mai Visa on Arrival – Visa at Chiang Mai Airport (CNX)
- Phuket International Airport, Phuket - check Thai Visa on Arrival at Phuket International Airport (HKT)
- Krabi International Airport, Krabi - for detailed information check Thailand Visa on Arrival at Krabi International Airport
- U Tapao Airport, Rayong (Pattaya)
- Samui Airport, Surat Thani (Koh Samui)
- Sukhothai International Airport, Tak Immigration Checkpoint (Sukhothai)
- Chiangrai Airport, Chiang Rai
- Surat Thani Airport, Surat Thani (Koh Samui, Koh Phangan)
- Hua Hin Airport, Hua Hin
- Trang Airport, Trang (Koh Chang)
- Hatyai International Airport, Songkhla
Full list of Immigration checkpoints issuing Visa on Arrival for the citizens of Fiji can be found here: Points where you can get Thailand Visa on Arrival.
New E-Visa Thailand
There is also a new e-Visa Thailand online application system for Thailand Visa on Arrival being implemented at the moment. This way of application is also available for Fiji citizens. More info about the new online application system can be found here: E-Visa Thailand (E-VoA).
Detailed information about how to how to apply for e-Visa Thailand and how to fill in e-Visa application form correctly can be found here: Thailand eVisa Application: How to Apply for Thai eVisa.
HOT NEWS! This e-Visa Thailand system seems to have failed to live up expectations and the new Thailand eVisa on Arrival system was launched but it hardly improved the situation. More info: New Thailand eVisa on Arrival (eVOA) by VFS Global.
Other types of Thailand Visa for Fijians
If you're a citizen of Fiji and planning to visit Thailand for more than 15 days, Visa on Arrival will not be suitable for you. You should get a Thailand Visa in advance instead.
In such a case you can get Thailand Single Entry Visa or from any Thai embassy or consulate. Thailand visa for the citizens of Fiji can also be issued by Thai Embassies and Thai Consulates in countries, such as Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia etc. For more information check:
- How to Get a Thailand Tourist Visa in Vientiane, Laos
- How to Get a Thailand Tourist Visa in Bali, Indonesia
- How to Get Thailand Visa in Yangon, Myanmar
Check our Frequently Asked Questions about Thailand Visa on Arrival and ask your own question if it's not answered there yet.