Thailand visa for Indians can be acquired really easy. If you are a citizen of India and planning to visit Thailand for a short vacation, you can get a Visa on Arrival at all international airports and most border crossings. This kind of Thailand visa can be received at the arrival in Thailand and will be valid for 15 days.
Thailand Visa on Arrival Fees for Indians
Regular Thailand Visa on Arrival fees for Indians is 2000 THB. The fee must be paid in cash and only local currency Thai baht is accepted for payment of the visa fee.
If you will be flying to Thailand, you will find currency exchange at the airport and will be able to exchange your money (Indian Rupee, US Dollars, Euros or any other popular currency) for paying the visa fee.
Travel SMART! Get Thailand SIM Card with unlimited Internet much cheaper here: [SALE] SIM Card for Thailand (Airport Pick Up)
Thailand Visa Free for Indians 2023/2024
Visa on Arrival requirement was temporarily removed for Indians who can enter Thailand without the need to apply for Visa on Arrival from 10 November 2023 to 10 May 2024.
Thailand Visa on Arrival for Indians
When applying for Thai Visa on Arrival, Indians need to provide these documents:
- Indian Citizen Passport valid for at least 30 days.
- Return / onward journey air ticket for flying out of Thailand (back to India or any other country) within the next 15 days.
- Address of hotel in Thailand and hotel booking confirmation. If you haven’t booked your accommodation yet, book your hotel on Booking.com or Agoda.
- One passport size (4 x 6 cm) photo.
- Filled-in Visa on Arrival application form.
- Visa on Arrival fee - 2000 THB.
- Thailand Arrival Card (currently needed only when arriving by land or by sea).
- A proof that you have funds of at least 10,000 THB per person and 20,000 THB per family during your stay in Thailand. Funds can be shown in any currency (Indian Rupee is suitable as well, just check for current rate to meet the requirement). The proof of funds is rarely asked to show but it can happen.
Where Visa on Arrival is Issued?
Citizens of India can get Visa on Arrival at all Thailand international airports:
- Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok - Visa at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK)
- Don Mueang Airport, Bangkok - Visa at Bangkok Don Mueang Airport (DMK)
- Chiangmai International Airport, Chiang Mai - Visa at Chiang Mai Airport (CNX)
- Phuket International Airport, Phuket - Visa at Phuket Airport (HKT)
- Krabi International Airport, Krabi - Visa at Krabi Airport (KBV)
- U Tapao Airport, Rayong (Pattaya)
- Samui Airport, Surat Thani (Koh Samui)
- Sukhothai International Airport, Tak Immigration Checkpoint (Sukhothai)
- Chiangrai Airport, Chiang Rai
- Surat Thani Airport, Surat Thani (Koh Samui, Koh Phangan)
- Hua Hin Airport, Hua Hin
- Trang Airport, Trang (Koh Chang)
- Hatyai International Airport, Songkhla
Full list of Immigration checkpoints issuing Visa on Arrival for Indians and other nationalities can be found here: Points where you can get Visa on Arrival.
E-Visa on Arrival Thailand
There is Thailand E-Visa on Arrival online application system that is supposed to simplify and speedup the process of application for Thailand Visa on Arrival. This way of application is available for Indians at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport and three other international airports. More info about the online application system can be found here: E-Visa on Arrival Thailand (E-VoA).
Detailed information about how to how to apply for E-Visa on Arrival Thailand and how to fill in E-Visa on Arrival application form correctly can be found here: Thailand E-Visa on Arrival Application.
There's also another Thailand E-Visa on Arrival system that can be used as an alternative. More info about it: Thailand eVisa on Arrival (eVOA) by VFS Global.
Other types of Thailand Visa for Indians
If you're a citizen of India and planning to visit Thailand for more than 15 days, you should choose another type of Thailand Visa that is available for Indians and other nationalities.
In such a case you can choose to get Thailand Single Entry Visa from Thai Embassy in India (located in New Delhi) or from Thai Consulate in Mumbai, Chennai or Kolkata through one of eligible companies that have the right to submit your documents to the embassy or consulate. Thailand single-entry tourist visa for Indians applying at the embassy or consulate costs 2500 INR plus an additional service fee for the company used to apply for visa.
Thailand visa for Indians is also issued at Thai Embassies and Thai Consulates in other countries, such as Malaysia, Singapore etc.
Check our Frequently Asked Questions about Thailand Visa on Arrival and ask your own question if it's not answered there yet.