Thailand visa for Mexican Citizens can be acquired with no big difficulties, as if you're a citizen of Mexico and your visit in Thailand will be up to 15 days long, starting from 14 April 2019 you can get a Thailand Visa on Arrival right at the border. This type of Thailand Visa can be acquired easily if you have all the required documents ready.
BREAKING NEWS! Thailand on Wednesday (11 March 2020) canceled granting of Visa on Arrival for 18 countries and visa exemption for three other countries to contain the spread of the coronavirus. More information: Thailand Visa Policy Changes Due to Coronavirus.
Visa on Arrival Confirmation
HOT NEWS! Thailand Visa on Arrival that can be acquired at the time of the arrival to Thailand and lets tourists stay in the country for up to 15 days was recently granted to five new countries. Starting from 14 April 2019, citizens of Mexico and 4 other countries will be able to apply for Visa on Arrival at Thai airports and border crossings.
More information: Thailand Visa on Arrival Available for 5 New Countries.
Travel SMART! Get Thailand SIM Card with unlimited Internet much cheaper here: [SALE] 4G SIM Card for Thailand (Airport Pick Up)
Thailand Visa Fee for Mexican
Thailand Visa on Arrival fee for Mexicans is 2000 THB. Visa on Arrival fee must be paid in cash and local currency (Thai baht). Normally there are plenty of currency exchange booths near Visa on Arrival counters so exchanging any popular foreign currency to Thai baht can be done at the place.
HOT NEWS! Thailand Visa on Arrival fee waiver is EXTENDED for 6 more months! It means that Thailand Visa on Arrival will be issued for free until April 2020. For more information check: Thailand Visa on Arrival for Free until April 2020.
Thailand Visa on Arrival Requirements
When applying for Thailand Visa on Arrival, Mexican citizens must provide these documents:
- Passport issued by the United Mexican States (valid at least 30 days).
- A ticket for the journey out from Thailand (within 15 days). Flights from Mexico to Thailand can be booked here: Cheap Flights from Mexico to Thailand.
- One passport size (4 x 6 cm) photo.
- Visa on Arrival application form.
- Thailand Arrival Card.
- Visa on Arrival fee - 2000 THB (visa fee waiver until 30 April 2020).
- Booking confirmation of accommodation in Thailand (book your hotel on Booking.com or Agoda).
- A proof of funds for traveling (at least 10,000 THB per person and 20,000 THB per family).
Where can you get Thailand Visa on Arrival?
Mexican citizens can get Visa on Arrival at all Thailand international airports:
- Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok - check How to Get Thailand Visa on Arrival at Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Don Mueang Airport, Bangkok - check Thai Visa on Arrival at Bangkok Don Mueang Airport (DMK)
- Chiangmai International Airport, Chiang Mai - check Chiang Mai Visa on Arrival – Visa at Chiang Mai Airport (CNX)
- Phuket International Airport, Phuket - check Thai Visa on Arrival at Phuket International Airport (HKT)
- Krabi International Airport, Krabi - for detailed information check Thailand Visa on Arrival at Krabi International Airport
- U Tapao Airport, Rayong (Pattaya)
- Samui Airport, Surat Thani (Koh Samui)
- Sukhothai International Airport, Tak Immigration Checkpoint (Sukhothai)
- Chiangrai Airport, Chiang Rai
- Surat Thani Airport, Surat Thani (Koh Samui, Koh Phangan)
- Hua Hin Airport, Hua Hin
- Trang Airport, Trang (Koh Chang)
- Hatyai International Airport, Songkhla
Full list of Immigration checkpoints issuing Visa on Arrival for Mexicans can be found here: Points where you can get Thailand Visa on Arrival.
New E-Visa Thailand
HOT NEWS! New Thailand eVisa on Arrival system was launched and it will be available for Mexicans. For an additional fee you can submit all documents and make a payment online, cutting time required for Visa on Arrival application at the airport to as little as one minute.
Other types of Thailand Visa for Mexican
If you're a citizen of Mexico and have a plan to visit Thailand longer than 15 days, Visa on Arrival won't be good for you and you will still need to get Thailand Visa in advance . In such a case you can get Thailand Single Entry Visa from any Thai embassy or consulate. Thailand visa for Mexicans can be issued by Thai embassies and consulates in other Southeast Asian countries, such as Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia as well. For more information check:
- How to Get a Thailand Tourist Visa in Vientiane, Laos
- How to Get a Thailand Tourist Visa in Bali, Indonesia
- How to Get Thailand Visa in Yangon, Myanmar
Check our Frequently Asked Questions about Thailand Visa on Arrival and ask your own question if it's not answered there yet.