Do Mexicans need visa for Thailand? Thailand visa for Mexican Citizens can now be acquired easily, as Thailand Visa on Arrival for Mexico passport holders is available right at the border for a visit up to 15 days long. This type of Thailand Visa is usually issued with no problem if you have all the required documents ready.
Thailand Visa on Arrival for Mexico
Thailand Visa on Arrival that can be acquired at the time of the arrival to Thailand and lets tourists stay in the country for up to 15 days was granted to five new countries. Starting from 14 April 2019, Thailand Visa on Arrival is available for Mexico passport holders who can apply for Visa on Arrival at Thailand's airports, sea ports and border crossings.
Travel SMART! Get Thailand SIM Card with unlimited Internet much cheaper here: [SALE] SIM Card for Thailand (Airport Pick Up)
Price of Thailand Visa for Mexican Citizens
Thailand Visa on Arrival fee for Mexicans is 2000 THB. Visa on Arrival fee must be paid in cash and local currency (Thai baht). Normally there are plenty of currency exchange booths near Visa on Arrival counters so exchanging any popular foreign currency to Thai baht can be done at the place.
Thailand Visa on Arrival Requirements
When applying for Thailand Visa on Arrival, Mexican citizens must provide these documents:
- Passport issued by the United Mexican States (valid at least 30 days).
- A ticket for the journey out from Thailand (within 15 days). Flights from Mexico to Thailand can be booked here: Cheap Flights from Mexico to Thailand.
- Booking confirmation of accommodation in Thailand (book your hotel on Booking.com or Agoda as bookings on these online platforms are usually accepted with no problem).
- One passport size (4 x 6 cm) photo.
- Visa on Arrival application form that needs to be filled in English.
- Visa on Arrival fee - 2000 THB.
- Thailand Arrival Card (currently needed only when arriving by land or by sea).
- A proof of funds for traveling (at least 10,000 THB per person and 20,000 THB per family).
Where can you get Thailand Visa on Arrival?
Mexican citizens can get Visa on Arrival at all Thailand international airports:
- Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok - Visa at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK)
- Don Mueang Airport, Bangkok - Visa at Bangkok Don Mueang Airport (DMK)
- Chiangmai International Airport, Chiang Mai - Visa at Chiang Mai Airport (CNX)
- Phuket International Airport, Phuket - Visa at Phuket Airport (HKT)
- Krabi International Airport, Krabi - Visa at Krabi Airport (KBV)
- U Tapao Airport, Rayong (Pattaya)
- Samui Airport, Surat Thani (Koh Samui)
- Sukhothai International Airport, Tak Immigration Checkpoint (Sukhothai)
- Chiangrai Airport, Chiang Rai
- Surat Thani Airport, Surat Thani (Koh Samui, Koh Phangan)
- Hua Hin Airport, Hua Hin
- Trang Airport, Trang (Koh Chang)
- Hatyai International Airport, Songkhla
Full list of Immigration checkpoints issuing Visa on Arrival for Mexicans can be found here: Points where you can get Thailand Visa on Arrival.
E-Visa on Arrival Thailand
There is Thailand E-Visa on Arrival online application system that is supposed to simplify and speedup the process of application for Thailand Visa on Arrival. This way of application is available for Mexico passport holders at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport and three other international airports. More info about the online application system can be found here: E-Visa on Arrival Thailand (E-VoA).
Detailed information about how to how to apply for E-Visa on Arrival Thailand and how to fill in E-Visa on Arrival application form correctly can be found here: Thailand E-Visa on Arrival Application.
There's also another Thailand E-Visa on Arrival system that can be used as an alternative. More info about it: Thailand eVisa on Arrival (eVOA) by VFS Global.
Other types of Thailand Visa for Mexicans
If you're a citizen of Mexico and planning to visit Thailand for more than 15 days, Visa on Arrival won't be suitable for you. You should get different type of Thailand Visa in advance that is available for Taiwanese and other nationalities.
In such a case you can get Thailand Single Entry Visa from Royal Thai Embassy in Mexico City. The fee of Thailand single entry visa in Mexico is 40 USD. Thailand visa for Mexico passport holders can also be issued at Thai Embassies and Thai Consulates in other countries, such as Malaysia, Singapore etc.
Check our Frequently Asked Questions about Thailand Visa on Arrival and ask your own question if it's not answered there yet.