Bangkok BTS SkyTrain is one of the most convenient ways to travel around Bangkok as it helps to escape chaotic and often jammed traffic in the city. You can go explore the city by train with Bangkok BTS SkyTrain Rabbit Card, without the need to buy individual tickets for every ride.
BTS SkyTrain Rabbit Card
BTS Rabbit Card is a rechargeable card allowing you to take BTS SkyTrain in Bangkok. BTS Rabbit Card saves time that you would be wasting in the queue at BTS ticket vending machines or counters. As long as you charge the card, you can go straight to the gate, so it is definitely more convenient.
In addition to BTS, Rabbit Card can be used at many chain restaurants, large food courts and shops in Bangkok such as McDonald’s, Mc Cafe, Chester’s, Dairy Queen, KFC, Lawson 108, SCOOZI Pizza, Farm Design, Pepper Lunch, The Coffee Club, BreadTalk, Mr. Shake, and Yamazaki.
BTS Rabbit Card Types
There are 3 types of Rabbit Card: general, student, and senior. If you are a student or senior and have some form of identification, you can use the BTS Rabbit Card to get a discount.
Student Rabbit Card
Student Rabbit Card can only be used by current fulltime students, aged not over 23 years and currently studying at an academic institution in Thailand, or studying in a foreign country at an institution recognized by the Ministry of Education.
Senior Rabbit Card
Senior Rabbit Card may only be used by Thai Senior Citizens aged 60 years and over so this senior card cannot be purchased by foreigners even if they are over 60 years old.
BTS SkyTrain Rabbit Card Price
BTS SkyTrain Rabbit Card price starts at 200 THB, when you buy the card at the BTS ticket counter, and includes 100 THB card issuance fee and 100 THB initial charge amount.
The card itself is valid for 5 years and the top-up amount is valid for 2 years from the last use.
You can get BTS Rabbit Card online here: Bangkok BTS Skytrain Rabbit Card.
When bought online, BTS SkyTrain Rabbit is filled with 200 THB that can be used for traveling. You can top-up the card at any BTS ticket office or partner shops, with a minimum amount of 100 THB and a maximum of 4,000 THB.
From 2019, it became necessary to show ID card such as passport when buying the Rabbit Card in order to register personal information on the card.
Where to buy BTS Rabbit Card
BTS Rabbit Card cannot be purchased at ticket vending machines but you can buy this type of Bangkok BTS ticket at the counter of any BTS SkyTrain station.
You can easily book the ticket online in advance and collect it at Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) or CentralWorld shopping mall.
Tickets can be booked here: Bangkok BTS SkyTrain Rabbit Card
Who should buy BTS Rabbit Card
BTS SkyTrain Rabbit Card is the best solution for those who spend time in Bangkok for more than 3 days and often take BTS to get to the destinations along the BTS Skytrain line during the day or if you come to Thailand more than once a year. With Rabbit Card you don't need to prepare small amounts of money every time you buy a ticket, and you don't have to queue at the ticket booth or ticket vending machine letting you pass easily, that is especially important during peak hours.
Those who plan to stay in Bangkok for a day or two can consider buying BTS One-Day Pass and just activate it on the day they want to use. For more information about this type of BTS ticket check Bangkok BTS SkyTrain One-Day Pass
Benefits of BTS Rabbit Card
Many of restaurants offer promotions or a discount just by paying with a Rabbit Card, for example:
- Get 10% discount when purchasing some items at McDonald's
- Get 10% discount up to 400 THB when purchasing foods, drinks and a la carter new products at Pepper Lunch
- Get 40 THB discount coupon when topping-up Rabbit Card with 100 THB at Lotus's Go Fresh
In addition, Rabbit Card has a point and coupon system called "Rabbit rewards". You can earn points every time you use the BTS, shopping, or eating by using BTS Rabbit Card. The accumulated points can be exchanged for coupons from various shops. However, you need to check terms and conditions before purchasing goods or services as the coupon can be used at some branches of the shops and in the specific period time.
Examples of Rabbit rewards are as follows:
- Redeem 20 points to get 100 THB discount code with min. spending of 800 THB at Big C Online
- Redeem 20 points to get an exclusive price for Influenza Vaccine only 750 THB (from regular price 1,200 THB) at Vimut Hospital
- Redeem 200 points to get 50 THB discount on delivery fee with min. spending of 350 THB when ordering food via 1112 Delivery
- Redeem 220 points to get 20 THB discount with no min. spending at Lawson 108
- Redeem 250 points to get 1 free BTS trip for passengers who use Adult Rabbit Card
- Redeem 300 points to get 500 THB discount on top when purchasing 4 tires of Firestone
- Redeem 309 points to get 500 THB off per night for Junior Suite at Anantasila Villa by the sea
- Redeem 700 points to get 100 THB Starbucks e-Coupon
- Redeem 800 points to get 10% off room rate at Hintok River Camp at Hellfire Pass
BTS Routes with BTS Rabbit Card
With BTS Rabbit Card, you can travel between all BTS stations in Bangkok. There are two bustling lines in Bangkok, Sukhumvit Line (light green) and Silom Line (dark green) with a total of 60 stations and you can transfer between them at Siam Station. Sukhumvit Line begins at Kheha Station and ends at Khu Khot Station, while the Silom Line begins at Bang Wa Station and ends at National Stadium Station.
Rabbit Card can also be used on the newly added Gold Line (train to ICONSIAM) and MRT Yellow Line (new line in the eastern part of the city) that have separate ticketing systems but both accept Rabbit Card.
However, BTS Rabbit Card cannot be used on other Bangkok’s light rail systems such as MRT metro (underground train system), Airport Rail Link (train connecting Suvarnabhumi Airport with the city center) or SRT Red Line (new line connecting Don Mueang Airport with the city).
Top Attractions near BTS SkyTrain
BTS SkyTrain connects many attractions that you will find in the list of must-visit places in Bangkok. Find some of the top attractions that are accessible by BTS SkyTrain and plan your visit in advance.
- Chatuchak Weekend Market - Mo Chit BTS Station
- Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World - Siam BTS Station
- Siam Paragon - Siam BTS Station
- Jim Thompson House - National Stadium BTS Station
- MBK Shopping Center - National Stadium BTS Station
- Bangkok Art and Culture Centre (BACC) - National Stadium BTS Station
- Nana Plaza Bangkok - Nana BTS Station
- Erawan Shrine - Chit Lom BTS Station
- CentralWorld - Chit Lom BTS Station
- Terminal 21 - Asok BTS Station
- Benchakitti Park - Asok BTS Station
- Patpong Night Market - Sala Daeng BTS Station
- Lumpini Park - Sala Daeng BTS Station
BTS Operating Hours
Daily 06:00 - 23:59 and the operation interval is about 3 to 8 minutes.
Bangkok BTS SkyTrain at Phaya Thai Station connects with Airport Rail Link (ARL) train to Suvarnabhumi Airport.
Bangkok BTS Skytrain connects with Bangkok Subway Train (MRT) at Mo Chit Station, Asok Station and Sala Daeng Station.
If you want to move comfortably, it would be a good idea to book a hotel close to the BTS station.